Broccoli and Bow Ties
from The Vegetarian Hausfrau
- Kosher salt
- 8 cups broccoli florets (4 heads)
- 1/2 pound farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons good EVOO
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Freshly grated Parmesan
2. In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Off the heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and lemon juice, and pour this over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well. Season to taste, sprinkle with the pignolis and cheese, if using, and serve.
To toast pignolis, place them in a dry saute pan over medium-low heat and cook, tossing often, for about 5 minutes, until light brown.Enjoy!