For these Halibut Tacos I mixed two recipes. I wanted a crunchy corn salsa to be paired with a great marinated fish and viola!...they turned out exactly how I wanted! We even used the leftover corn salsa the next night with a marinated chicken breast to make taco night version 2.0.
Halibut Fish Tacos
1/4 cup EVOO
1 1/2 tsp. chile powder
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
1 jalapeno, stemmed and chopped
1 lb. of fresh Halibut
8 fresh corn tortillas (I like the small white corn tortillas)
2 limes, cut into quarters
1. Pour the olive oil into a small bowl and add the chile powder, oregano, cumin, cilantro, and jalapeno. Mix well.
2. Place the fish into a dish and pour the marinade over and thoroughly coat both sides. Allow the fish to marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat (you won't need to add oil as the fish has plenty). Place the fish in the pan and cook on the first side for 4 minute, then flip for 2 more minutes on the second side. All done!
4. Heat the tortillas by putting them on a plate sandwiched between two slightly damp paper towels. Microwave on high for 45 seconds and you've just steamed your tortillas!
Assemble all together with the corn salsa (recipe below) and bon appetite!
from All Recipes
1 cup corn
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 lime, zested and juice
1. Mix together all ingredients. Yes...that simple!